Home, All Posts, RSS feed
My current salad recipe
2017 February 12. Sunday.
- Go to Kroger (I recommend the one on Euclid) and buy red cabbage, carrots, broccoli, and kale. These are all long-lasting ingredients.
- Chop everything into bite-sized bits. I recommend you do the carrots as thin sticks rather than disks.
- Soak in a pot or bowl filled with water for twenty-four hours. You do this because the greens are typically dehydrated from sitting in the grocery store for days.
- Pour the water out and take the salad out by the handful. Each handful, shake it over the sink to get most of the water off. Put it in a pretty bowl.
- Go to Kroger and buy olive oil (not extra virgin), balsamic vinegar, and whole-seed mustard.
- Pour two tablespoons vinegar, two tablespoons mustard, and four tablespoons olive oil into a small jar. Put on the lid and emulsify. Add a few spoonfuls to each serving of salad as you serve it.
Public Domain Dedication.